Occupational Medicine Services
A healthy workforce is a productive workforce.
The Occupational Medicine Department of the Hutchinson Clinic includes a team of doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners and nurses to provide comprehensive medical care for your company.
- Pre-employment screening
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals provided by certified DOT examiner
- Full-service Physical Therapy Department
- Spirometry and complete Pulmonary Function Testing
- Audiology Department
- Drug Screening (pre-employment and/or post accident)
- Vision screening
- Full-service Radiology Department
- All services can be tailored to meet your needs
We can also offer:
- Flu shots on-site
- Health Education Workshops customized to your needs
The Hutchinson Clinic has an Occupational Medicine nurse coordinator who can assist you with your OccMed questions and help get your company established with a company physician. Please email or call (620) 669-2210.
According to new guidelines from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA), DOT physicals must now be performed by a certified DOT provider.
The Hutchinson Clinic has certified DOT providers at all three of our Hutchinson and South Hutchinson Walk-In Care locations:
- 2101 North Waldron
- 1100 North Main Street
- 24 South Main, South Hutchinson
The Hutchinson Clinic can help you with the new guidelines. Due to the increased medical complexity of the regulations, it is important that you are aware of the some of the conditions that could affect your employees’ eligibility. For a comprehensive list of the conditions that may require extra testing, please click here.
- With the Occ Med program. all of your Work Comp. injuries will be evaluated and treated promptly. Services can be provided by your assigned company physician or may be handled at one of our 3 convenient Walk-In Care facilities.
- Post-accident drug screening will be provided according to your company policy.
- The Radiology Department will be available to assist in evaluation of some injuries
- The Physical Therapy Department will assist in the care of the injured worker. They can help with pain relief, support restoration of functional capacity, and provide a reconditioning program for timely return to duty.
Physical Capacity Profile Testing (PCP): This post-offer screening measures a potential employees strength capacity and matches them to a job level appropriate to their measured level of strength. This helps to prevent injuries, reduces lost work days and lowers worker compensation claims and premiums.
Return to Duty Test: This is performed following an injury or illness to determine if the employee is physically capable of returning to the previous job level.
- Our Business Office will help coordinate prior authorization and referrals for testing from the employer. They will also be available to answer questions regarding billing and provide status updates on your employee.
To visit with a clinic staff person regarding your Occupational Medicine needs, please email or call (620) 669-2210. We can also assist you with pricing information.
We look forward to helping you and your employees maintain a healthy and productive workforce.